Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Math Games

I found this great idea for Yahtzee math games on the Swamp Frogs First Graders Blog.  She created a recording sheet that I will be using instead of the sheet I created. Mine only had 2 columns and hers had 3. This idea was adapted from Shari Sloan at kidscount1234.

I created directions to go along with this game so that I can send it home as a math take home activity.


Yahzee Directions

This also got me thinking about what I was going to do about dice. I have a lot of dice but they usually end up flying around the room or make a lot of noise when rolled on the desk. As I was cleaning, I found that my printer ink cartridges come in plastic containers. Two dice fit perfectly in the containers and with some card stock and tape, I made dice shakers. I can't wait to use this in my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment